“A watch from Dinka is timeless and elegant. More than just a gorgeous accessory with its classy design that reveals a well thought out design that reflects a time that has passed. Inspired by the beautiful sea shore that you find in the Scandinavian archipelago as well as on the American East Coast and the British Isles.”
First impression of the Dinka Mods Carnaby watch are that it looks really American. I don’t know particulary why, but it reminds me America or maybe Canada. Maybe because of the dial, red hand color combination. It also reminded me Seiko 5 one of the basic models. The watch feels ok’ish, maybe the price is a bit too big, but it’s reasonable.
The watch case is made from stainless steel and it feels a bit light. And it lacks that real watch feeling and feels more like a swatch watch bought after a trip to europe at airport. Water resistance is 5ATM (50m), it’s enough to handle light shower, but I wouldn’t go with it in sea to swim. The leather band is a bit stiff, it is far from soft and needs a lot of wear in, to wear comfortably on your wrist. The Mods Carnaby is a unisex watch.
The movement is standart Japanese quartz , I assume one of Miyota’s. It’s cheap movement, but reliable so it will last a lifetime. The crustal is Mineral, but at this price point you can’t have anything better.
Overall I like the looks of this watch, but it lacks automatic movement and sapphire crystal, and then I would pay 200$ for watch like that. But as it is right now I wouldn’t buy it for this price. Don’t get me wrong, it’s ok watch for some people, but not for me. I prefer more hefty watches with diver/racing/aviation style.
- The size is 38 millimeters without the crown.
- The thickness is 9.5 millimeters.
- The time is held by a Japanese quartz movement.
- The glass is of mineral that gives clarity and protection from scratches.
- 5 ATM water resistance.
- Date is a matter of course for a Dinka, all to create a complete watch.
- Red seconds hand, an elegant and understated detail.
- Case in stainless steel with a brushed surface.
- Classic wristwatch with a discreet buckle.